Many people have discovered that a more fun way to travel is to go on a retreat, rather than staying in a hotel. In a retreat situation, you will make amazing friendships that often last a lifetime, with people from around the world who have similar interests to you. And because you will usually have a retreat leader / guide, you’ll find that you’re able to discover and experience the area better because your guide will know the best places to go.
The most popular retreats have some sort of a theme, with options such as:
Surfing (surf camps)
Providers of other types of activities are dreaming up new types of retreats all the time. There have been retreats held in Montezuma specializing in all types of athletic skills such as:
Aerial Silk Dance
Hula Hoop Dance
Other types of intensive learning opportunities make popular retreats as well:
Yoga Teacher Training
Spanish Language Immersion/Intensive
Scuba Certification Course & Retreat
Specialized Cooking Retreats, such as learning raw food cuisine.
Of course you can learn any of these things back home, and much of it you can teach yourself from YouTube, but an expert teacher and the group dynamics create a bonding experience that for many people is the best time they have all year.
A Sample of Retreats in Montezuma
- Montezuma Yoga
We all live very busy lifestyles, spend most of our time in our minds, planning, finding solutions….but to really tap into our intuition we need to connect to our hearts more. Your yoga practice is not only about creating more strength, but also about softening to go deeper, learning to allow, receive and expand more ...
- Angela Boltz Yoga Retreats Angela Boltz offers yoga retreats at Sollevante’s retreat space in Montezuma.
Angela Boltz Promo Video from Anna Schwaber on Vimeo.
Email Angela Boltz
- Yoga Teacher Training at Anamaya Anamaya offers 5-6 Yoga Teacher Training retreats per year, each lasting 4 weeks, (28 nights). They are taught by a variety of very experienced yoga trainers, who are certified by the Yoga Alliance.
The best yoga deck view in Costa Rica for most classes
28 nights accommodation
3 meals per day, gourmet healthy organic food
Vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free ...
- Anamaya Yoga Retreats Anamaya offers Costa Rica’s most spectacular yoga retreats, including:
– The best yoga deck view in Costa Rica
– 7 nights accommodation
– 3 meals per day, gourmet healthy organic food
– Vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free meals upon request
– Variety of excursions and classes included
– Circus show and party
Retreats are offered year-round, always starting on a saturday and ending saturday. ...