Delicias is an area in the hills just to the south of Montezuma. It has become known as one of the best places for foreign residents to move to. It’s quiet, with almost no crime. There are many waterfalls, big trees and jungles, and easy access to the beach and Cobano. Delicias also has two shortcut roads to Malpais and Santa Teresa, making it closer to those beaches than Montezuma is.
Delicias doesn’t really have much of a town center… it’s actually a very large cattle ranching region in the heart of the peninsula. There are two very small “pulperias” with a few basic groceries, a school, church, and soccer field, but not much else. Along the front of Delicias is a cliff, with a row of spectacular houses overlooking Playa Las Manchas and has become known as the Beverly Hills of the area. Yet, there are still many properties available for around $100,000 with some ocean views, 2-4 acres, big trees, water, electricity, accesss, etc. Delicias Real Estate prices are rising and it’s expected to ultimately be an extremely expensive area because it has so much to offer.
The area of Delicias is actually quite a bit older than most people realize. For example, the local school was founded in the 1920′s. This is many decades before the first cars, or electricity arrived in the area.
- Anamaya Resort Anamaya Resort in Montezuma is one of the world’s premier yoga retreat centers. High on a bluff overlooking the Gulf of Nicoya, and next to Montezuma Falls, it has one of the world’s most spectacular locations for a hotel or retreat center.
Focused on Yoga Retreats, Anamaya alternates between week long retreats with various mixed themes ...
- Kalapiti Suites
Click for an AMAZING VPIX Virtual Tour of Kalapiti
Kalapiti is an amazing, luxury villa operating as a boutique hotel in the Delicias / Montezuma area. It has a lot to offer, but it has achieved an almost legendary status in the area based on its spectacular swimming pool, which is really something out of ...
- Hacienda Delicias Location: Ocean Views, Montezuma
Rooms: 4BR 2BA (2-8 people)
USS1000 per week for up to 4 people
USS1150 per week for 5-6 people
US$1300 per week for 7-8 people
Make a Reservation
Detailed Information about Hacienda Delicias:
Hacienda Delicias lies on more than six acres of real estate within the hills of Montezuma from where the winds stream to the lowlands. ...
- The Quebrada Estate Location: Las Delicias – Montezuma
Rooms: 3BR 3BA (6 people)
Rates: $600/night for 6 people
Make a Reservation
Detailed Information about the House:
The Quebrada Estate is situated on 1.5 acres of land. The property alone includes a glamorous 3,000 sq. ft. house with a beautiful lake, BBQ area, access to tennis and handball courts, horseback riding (available upon request), gazebo ...
- Montezuma Hills Villa Location: Montezuma, Ocean Views
Rooms:5BR 5BA (10 people)
Rates: US$700 to US$1000 per day
One week minimum stay
Cleaning service included
Additional guests (up to 15 persons in total): $ 100 per person per day
Make a Reservation
Detailed Information about the Montezuma Hills Villa:
The elegant Villa has an open entertainment area, with 10 meter high teak-beamed roof, wrought iron, hand-painted ...
- Atardecer Hotel
There is a saying in Costa Rica, you will hear it all the time. “Pura Vida” the locals will say. It is somewhere between ‘hello’ and ‘good life’, and it sums up the beautiful hotel of Atardecer, the Sunset Hotel.
The hotel is situated in the jungle above the beautiful little fishing village of Montezuma, and ...
- Tierra y Fuego Restaurant High up in the hills of Delicias, behind Montezuma, is one of the best restaurants you will ever eat in. Owned by a very sweet Italian couple who have their own farm, Tierra y Fuego serves authentic Italian cuisine with a tremendous amount of patience and care.
Everything is home-made, from the sauces to the ...
- Buena Vista Falls This is a small double waterfall in Delicias. It’s a wonderful, secluded spot where no one ever goes. It seems a shame to send tourists to it, so we’re not going to give directions. If you want to see these falls badly enough, you can find someone who knows where they are and will take ...
- Delicias Falls This is a beautiful cascade over 40 meters high not far from Montezuma Falls. It’s in the next river valley to the south. To get there, drive up the hill from Hotel Amor de Mar, and turn left at the Butterfly Gardens. When you reach the bottom of the canyon, you’ll see a small yellow ...